- 教师拼音名称：Ming Dong
- 学科：Fluid Mechanics
Dr. Ming Dong is an associate professor of Department of Mechanics, Tianjin university. He is also a Marie Curie research Fellow in Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London during 2016.2-2018.1. His main research interests include Fluid dynamics, Applied Mathematics and related engineering applications. He is currently looking for MSE/PhD students who are interested in fundamental science and mathematics.
- Application in engineering: fundamental aerodynamic problems involving aeronautics and astronautics.
- Fluid dynamics: hydrodynamic instability, laminar-turbulent trasition, supersonic boundary-layer theory, direct numerical simulation and modeling of turbulence, and aeroacoustics.
- Applied Mathematics: asymptotic theory.
- Marie Curie Fellowship, European Union Research and Innovation Program H2020 (2015)
- Outstanding Paper Prize in mini-symposium 'turbulence and instability'', the 8th National Conference of Fluid Mechanics (2014)
- Peiyang Scholar Award of Tianjin University (2013)
- Excellent Presentation Prize at the Sixth International Conference on Nonlinear Mechanics (2013)
- Excellent Paper Prize for the paper published in 'Physics of Gas' (2012)
- Outstanding Paper Prize for the paper published in 'Physics of Gas' (2011)
- Ming Dong's students Hong Qin and Mingsheng Ye were awarded the 'Outstanding Theses for Master Degree in Tianjin University' in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
- Excellent Supervisor Award in Tianjin University for supervising undergraduate theses (student Fufeng Qin) in 2012.
- Ye, M. and M Dong*(2017). Near-wall behaviors of oblique-shock-wave /turbulent-boundary-layer interactions. Appl. Math. Mech. -Engl. Ed. First online. DOI 10.1007/s10483-017-2248-6.2019
- Qin, H. and M. Dong*(2016). "Boundary-layer disturbances subjected to the free-stream turbulence and simulation on bypass transition". Appl Math Mech-ENG. 37(8): 967-986..2019
- Wu, X*. and M. Dong (2016). "Entrainment of short-wavelength free-stream vortical disturbances in compressible and incompressible boundary layers". J. Fluid Mech. 797: 683-728..2019
- Wu, X*. and M. Dong (2016). "A local scattering theory for the effects of isolated roughness on boundary-layer instability and transition: transmission coefficient as an eigenvalue." J. Fluid Mech. 794: 68-108..2019
- Dong, M.*(2016). "Interpretation of gas-film cooling against aero-thermal heating for high-speed vehicles". Appl Math Mech-ENG. 37(12): 1615-1630..2019
- Dong, M. and X. Wu* (2015). "Entrainment of short-wavelength free-stream vortical disturbances into boundary layers." Procedia IUTAM, IUTAM_ABCM Symposium on Laminar Turbulent Transition 14: 96-104..2019
- Dong, M. and X. Wu* (2013). "On continuous spectra of the Orr-Sommerfeld/ Squire equations and entrainment of free-stream vortical disturbances." J. Fluid Mech. 732: 616-659..2019
- Dong, M.* and H. Zhou (2013). "A simulation on bypass transition and its key mechanism." Sci China Phys Mech Astron 56(4): 775-784..2019
- Dong, M.* and X. L. Li (2011). "Problems of the conventional BL model as applied to super/hypersonic turbulent boundary layers and its improvements." Sci China Phys Mech Astron 54(10): 1889-1898..2019
- Dong, M. and H. Zhou* (2010). "The improvement of turbulence modeling for the aerothermal computation of hypersonic turbulent boundary layers." Sci China Phys Mech Astron 53(2): 369-379..2019
- Dong, M. and H. Zhou* (2010). "The effect of high temperature induced variation of specific heat on the hypersonic turbulent boundary layer and its computation." Sci China Phys Mech Astron 53(11): 2103-2112..2019
- Dong, M., Zhang, Y. and Zhou, H.* (2008). A new method for computing laminar-turbulent transition and turbulence in compressible boundary layers—PSE+DNS. Appl Math Mech-ENG. 29(12): 1527-1534..2019
- Dong, M. and H. Zhou*(2008). "Inflow boundary condition for DNS of turbulent boundary layers on supersonic blunt cones." Appl Math Mech-ENG. 29(8): 985-998..2019
- Dong M. and X. Wu, Generation of convective instability modes in the near-wake flow of the trailing edge of a flat plate, in 8th AIAA Theoretical Fluid Mechanics Conference. 2017, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics..2019
- Dong, M. and X. Wu* (2016). Local scattering theory and the role of an abrupt change on boundary-layer instability and acoustic radiation. AIAA P., AIAA-3194..2019
- Dong, M. and X. Wu* (2015). Acoustic radiation due to scattering of a T-S wave by nonlinear roughness in a subsonic boundary layer. AIAA P., AIAA-2015-2626..2019
- Dong, M. and X. Wu* (2013). On continuous spectra of the Orr-Sommerfeld/ Squire equations and entrainment of free-stream vortical disturbances in the Blasius boundary layer. AIAA P., AIAA 2013-2465..2019
- 1999.9-2003.6 Tianjin University Mechanics Engineering BS
- 2005.9-2008.3 Tianjin University Fluid Mechanics PhD
- 2003.9-2006.3 Tianjin University Fluid Mechanics MSE
|Department of Mechanics|Tianjin University|Associate Professor
|Department of Mathematics|Imperial College London|Marie Curie Research Fellow
|Department of Mathematics|Imperial College London|Visiting Scholar
|Department of Mechanics|Tianjin University|Lecturer
Hydrodynamic Instability, Transition and Turbulence
团队名称:Hydrodynamic Instability, Transition and Turbulence
团队介绍:Innovative Research Team in University of Ministry of Education of China
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Modern Engineering Mechanics
团队名称:Tianjin Key Laboratory of Modern Engineering Mechanics