School of Mechanical Engineering
President of Tianjin University
No. 92, Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Prof. Donghan Jin is the President of Tianjin University and an Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering. He is also the founding Editor-in-Chief of the international journal Energy and AI, and the President of the International Council on Combustion Engines (CIMAC) and the Chinese Society for Internal Combustion Engines (CSICE). Prof. Jin obtained his Ph.D. degree from the China Ship Research and Development Academy in 1989. In July 2015, he was appointed as the President of Shanghai University. Previously, he has served as the President and Chief Engineer of Shanghai Marine Diesel Engine Research Institute for more than 11 years. Prof. Jin has been engaged in the research and development of Stirling engine and its power system. He has published a monograph on Stirling engine and a book on artificial intelligence. He has won one Outstanding Prize and one First Prize of the National Science and Technology Progress Awards, and three first prizes at the provincial and ministerial level, with more than 20 national and provincial honors, including the 6th China Youth Science and Technology Award, China Youth Science and Technology Innovation Award, the Science and Technology Progress Award by Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation and the Hero Award of Shanghai Science and Technology, the top individual prize of Shanghai.
- Doctor of Philosophy| China Ship Research and Development Academy| Marine Engineering| 1989
- Master’s Degree| Wuhan University of Water Transportation Engineering| Marine Power Plant| 1984
- Bachelor’s Degree| Wuhan University of Water Transportation Engineering| Marine Internal Combustion Engine| 1982
- Energy and Artificial Intelligence
- Distributed Power System
- Marine Engine
- Stirling Engine Technology
2019.5-Now Tianjin University | President | Academician, Professor
2015.7-2019.4 Shanghai University | President | Academician, Professor
2009.12-Now Chinese Academy of Engineering | Academician | Academician
2005.8-2015.7 Wartsila Qiyao Diesel Company Ltd. (Shanghai) | Chairman of the Board
2004.2-2015.6 Shanghai Marine Diesel Engine Research Institute | President | Chief Engineer
2001.2-2015.6 Shanghai Marine Diesel Engine Research Institute | Chief Engineer
1989.4-2001.1 Shanghai Marine Diesel Engine Research Institute | Engineer, Senior Engineer, Research Professor
-  Zhang yu, Wu zhiming, Jiang liping, Yang jun, Jin donghan,"W-2R75 Test Set of Stirling Engine", 3rd Inter. Stirling Eng. Conf., Rome, June 1986.
-  Jin donghan, Zhao huazuo, et al. "Concept-proving Test of the 2R70 Stirling Engine for Under- water Use", Proc. 5th Inter. Stirling Engine Conf., Dubrovnik, May 1991.
-  Shen J, Jin D, Gu G. Analysis of a Stirling Engine Combustion and Heat Exchange. Journal of Engineering for Thermal Energy & Power. 1998(01):3-5.
-  Gu G, Jin D, Yan T. Study on the Stirling Engine Dynamic Characteristics. Transactions of CSICE,2000(03):305-307.
-  Fang Linyun, Jin Donghan, Gu Genxiang, “A Simulation Model with Heater Subdivided and its Application to Stirling Engine Simulation”, Proc. 10th Inter. Stirling Engine Conf., Osnabruck, Sept. 2001.
-  Gu Genxiang, Jin Donghan, Fang Linyun, “Simulation Research on the Performance of a Four-cylinder Double-acting Stirling Engine”, Proc. 10th Inter. Stirling Engine Conf., Osnabruck, Sept., 2001
-  Wu H, Jin D, Cai Y, et al. Application Research of Fault Diagnosis on Stirling Engine Using Instantaneous Speed Signals. Diesel Engine, 2006(06):38-40.
-  Wu H, Jin D, Cai Y, et al. Application of the Instantaneous Speed Method in Fault Diagnosis of Stirling Engine's Working Medium Leakage. Diesel Engine, 2007 (06):41-43.
-  Donghan Jin, Weiming Pan, Genxiang Gu, “The Numerical Simulation on the Influence of Regenerator Inlet Shape”, Proc. 13th Inter. Stirling Engine Conf., Tokyo, JAPAN, 23~26 Sept. 2007.
-  Jin D. Analysis and Prediction on Price Trend of High Power Marine Diesel Engines. Diesel Engine, 2007(01):1-4.
-  Jin D, Ocone R, Jiao K, et al. Energy and AI. 2020.
-  Jin D, Jiao K. Charging Infrastructure Intellectualization and Future of Different Automotive Powertrains. Joule, 2020, 4(8): 1634-1636.
-  Jin D. Reconstructing Our Orders: Artificial Intelligence and Human Society. Springer. 2019.
-  Jin D. Reconstructing Our Orders: Artificial Intelligence and Human Society. Shanghai University Press. 2017.