School of Architecture
School of Architecture,Tianjin University,Weijin Road 92#,Nankai District ,Tianjin
Zhang Rui studied architecture at Tianjin University, obtaining her PHD in 2011 with a dissertation on the research of Cohousing abroad. She has been a visiting scholar at Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning in University of Michigan. From 2013 to now she is an lecturer in Tianjin University.
Rui’s current research focuses on the Ecological city and Sustainable community. She has presided over two national natural science fund projects and participated in another 6 NTFS projects. She has published dozens of important core journal articles and will publish a book about cohousing community in 2018.
In addition to her academic research, on architecture design practice, Rui is a national class 1 Registered Architect(PRC). With more than ten years of rich practical experience in architecture, Rui has presided over the completion of the overall planning and architectural design of more than ten large public buildings.
- Ph.D| Tianjin University| Architecture| 2011
- M. Arch| Tianjin University| Architecture| 2007
- B.A.| Tianjin University| Architecture| 2005
- Ecological City & Sustainable Architecture
- Productive City & Urban Argriculture
- Eco-village & Cohousing
2013.1-NowSchool of Architecture | Tianjin University
-  Zhang Rui. Lv Yanhang: Interpretation of "Agro-arcology" in Urban Center, Architectural Journal, 2011(6),V514, 114-118.
-  Zhang Rui. Zhang Yukun. Lv Yanhang: THE COHOUSING COMMUNITY: Living Model Based on Neighborhood, Affordable and Low-impact, Architectural Journal, 2013, S2, 60-65.
-  Zhang Rui. Zhang Yukun: The Development Process and Character of Cohousing Community, The Architect, 2010(1),V143, 20-31.
-  Zhang Rui. Zhang Yukun. Lv Yanhang: A new living concept based on Low-impact strategy：The sustainability of Cohousing community, The Architect, 2011(3),V151, 15-21.
-  Zhang Rui. Zhang Yukun: The Evolution and Characteristic of the Design Layout about Cohousing Community, The Architect, 2015(5), 24-33.
-  Zhang Rui. Zhang Yukun: A sustainable community base on comprehensive interaction and open communication: the design and living model of Windsong Cohousing, World Architecture, 2011,V 249, 112-117.
-  Zhang Rui. Zhang Yukun: Analysis of Co-housing Development Process, Journal of Tianjin Universtiy (social sciences), 2011,04. 327-333.
-  Zhang Wen, Zhang Yukun, Li Zhe, Zheng Zheng, Zhang Rui*(Corresponding Author), Chen Jiaxuan, A Rapid Evaluation Method of Existing Building Applied Photovoltaic (BAPV) Potential, Energy and Buildings, in press. SCI.
-  Zhang Rui, Lv Yanhang.A New Living Concept Based on Low-impact Strategy-The Sustainability of Cohousing Community, Advanced Materials Research, 2011, V224,220-223.
-  LvYanhang, Zhang Rui.Ecological Agriculture Technology in Urban Agriculture, Advanced Materials Research，2011, V224, 38-41.
-  Zhang Rui. Cooperative Housing: A Efficient way of Sovling the Housing Problem for low-income, Journal of Tianjin Universtiy (Supplementary Issue), 2007.
-  Lv Yanhang, Zhang Rui. The Sustainable Design of Hongshiya Village Relocation, Journal of Tianjin Universtiy(Supplementary Issue), 2007.
-  Ni Tao, Zhang Yu-kun, Zhang Rui, Analysis of Building Productive Strategy in Urban Area, Building Energy Efficiency, 2015, (1), 111-115+124.
-  Gao Jiancheng, Yin Zekai, Zhang Rui. Spatial and temporal changes of urban thermal landscape pattern in rapid urbanization area: Taking Tangshan urban built-up area as examples, Journal of Arid Land Resources and Environment, 2015, 29(9), 168-173.
-  SunLi, Zhang Yukun, Zhang Rui, Gong Xiaolei. Analysis on Urban Agriculture Planning Theory and its Application Case, Modern Urban Research, 2016, (3), 46-53.
- No content
-  Mu Dawei, Lu Jianjun, Zhang Rui, Wang Qin, Wang Lanying, Patent ZL 2015 2 0286235.1, A balcony plant cultivation frame, 2015.05
- No content
- Honors & Awards
-  Shen Zhikang Teacher’s Prize in Tianjin University.2015.09
-  Beiyang Scholars • Yong Teacher Program in Tianjin University.2016.11
-  Instructor of 3rd prize, UIA-HYP Cup 2014 International Student Competition in Architectural Design, Project: The Ring in the Rain: Come across the Sound of Sky. International Supporter : Union International des Architectes (UIA). 2014.09
-  Instructor of Top 100, the rookies' award for achi students. Project: City • Cheese • Weaving shuttle in Historic District. Held by: Asian Architectural Rookies Organizing Committee.2014.09
-  Instructor of 3rd prize, UIA-HYP Cup 2014 International Student Competition in Architectural Design. Project: Wander. International Supporter: Union International des Architectes (UIA). 2015.09
-  Instructor of Top 16&Third grade rookie award, the rookies' award for achi students. Project: One Bridge Four Walls. Held by: Asian Architectural Rookies Organizing Committee.2015.09
-  Instructor of 3rd prize in 2016 Student’s Works Exhibition for Exchange Programs of Architecture Schools of China. Held by: National Board of Architectural Accreditation, China and Institute of Architectural Education and Accreditation, Architectural Society of China. 2016.05